- November Cares Calendar Link
- October Cares Calendar Link
- September Cares Calendar Link
- Emergency Contact Form – available in Option C
- Pick Up Form – available in Option C
Every CARES child must have completed the necessary forms in Option C
CARES (Children Are Receiving Extended Services)
Phone: (215) 379-4860 (after school)
Presentation B.V.M. School provides an extended day program.
Children must be registered in order to stay for this program.
The program provides professional care, supervision, recreation, and enrichment activities. Time is set aside for a snack, outdoor and indoor recreation, homework, games, and art projects.
Hours are 2:30 to 6 P.M. each school day.
It services members of our parish school community who desire Catholic school education and after-school care. It is available for children in Preschool 3’s to Grade 8.
It is our sincere intent to provide a safe and enjoyable after school environment for your child.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions please contact feel free to contact the principal.
- Children report to CARES, change, use the lavatory and have snack.
- Groups are divided and have free play, free time and homework.
Staff will offer help to the children with homework but, ultimately, all homework must be checked by the parent for accuracy and completion. Studying needs to be completed at home and all assignments need to be checked by a parent. (If at any time you are not pleased with the written work, contact the moderator.)
- Children wear weather appropriate play clothes at CARES. All clothes MUST be labeled with the child’s initials and kept in their own bag. In cold weather, please provide a sweatshirt or sweater. There is a lost and found in the CARES room.
Students are expected to be respectful to others and to expect to be treated respectfully by others. In an atmosphere of mutual respect, everyone is safe and free to grow in faith and wisdom. Children failing to comply must accept the consequences. The range of discipline responses are at the discretion of the CARES moderator and the principal. The responses are as follows:
- Verbal Reprimand
- Written Reprimand
- Parental Contact
- Withdrawal of student from CARES program
Pickup is at the Hasbrook Avenue door. Ring the doorbell.
- We will only release the student to an adult from the approved pick up list.
- No student is permitted to walk home and no student is allowed to sign themselves out.
- The use of electronic devices (phones, tablets, IPODS, etc..) is prohibited in CARES. We are unable to control and/or monitor what your child may be doing on his/her device. Any homework or assignments that require a computer must be done at home.
- All doors are locked in school. Please check the door when leaving. If it does not lock, notify a teacher at once.
- The school cleaners are not permitted to open the doors.
- Parents and children are not to enter any classroom except those that are occupied by a CARES teacher.
- The children cannot retrieve items from a classroom that were forgotten. It is unfair to the other students who are not permitted to return to school. They must learn to be responsible and to pack the necessary books at dismissal.
Everyone must do their part to keep the children (and teachers) safe and secure.
- Notification needs to be given to the CARES moderator when someone other than a parent is picking up your child.
- If you need to leave a message during school hours, phone the office at (215) 379-3798. (Do not leave an urgent message on the voice mail, as it may not be able to be checked until later.)
- We will never allow a pupil to leave the program via a telephone request, as we cannot verify the caller’s identity.
- The CARES # 215-379-4860 can be reached between 3:00 and 6:00. It is wise to carry both numbers with you or place them in your cell phone.
- Please have arrangements made for a relative or near-by neighbor to pick up your child in the event of an EARLY CARES can only remain open 1 hour following the announcement.
CALENDAR AND COST:
Each month, the CARES calendar/payment link will be posted on the website.
There is a reduced rate for more than one child. For 2nd child, multiply the 1st child total by .75. For 3rd child, multiply the 1st child total by .50. Then add all columns together for Final Total.
|PICK UP TIME||DAILY COST||# OF DAYS||1ST CHILD||2ND CHILD
(Multiply by .75)
(Multiply by .50)
*** LATE PICKUP***
At the end of each week, the sign out log will be reviewed. If a parent is late in a pickup, an invoice will be sent with the student to pay for the overage. If a parent is frequently late (more than 3 times in a month), the overage will be due, AND a fee of $10.00 will be included in the next month calendar. If it becomes a repeated issue, the parent will be notified that any future lateness could result in the withdrawal of CARES privileges.
6:00PM is our last pickup time. If a parent arrives after between 6:01PM and 6:15PM, there is a fee of $20.00. For a pickup after 6:15PM, the $20 fee AND a fee of $30.00 will be applied between 6:16PM and 6:30pm, then an additional $30 added for every 15 minutes after 6:30PM. If, by 7:00PM, no adult has picked up the student, we will call Cheltenham Township Police to release the student to them.
BOUNCED CHECKS, ADDITIONAL FEES AND CREDITS
- Credit is only given if your child is out for three or more consecutive days due to illness OR if school closes due to inclement weather.
THERE IS A $30.00 RETURNED CHECK FEE
THERE IS A $20 FEE FOR ANY PICKUP BETWEEN 6:01PM AND 6:15PM. IN ADDITION TO THE $20 FEE, THERE IS A $30 FEE FOR EVERY 15 MINUTE BLOCK AFTER 6:15PM
AFTER 7:00PM WE CALL THE TOWNSHIP POLICE
We look forward to having your child as a member of our program!