Presentation BVM School Technology Integration Plan/Archdiocese of Philadelphia Schools Educational Technology Plan
Presentation BVM School provides a nurturing Catholic environment in which each child can achieve his/her potential to live the Gospel message of Jesus. With faith as our framework, we foster an atmosphere of mutual respect and rigorous academics that prepare our children to participate in the Church’s mission to serve all.
Students will use technology as an integral tool in their academic development. Technology will be incorporated throughout the school and will be utilized throughout the curriculum. Faculty and students will use technology for learning enhancement, communications, presentations, information management, and research. Technology will support, extend, and supplement teacher-delivered curriculum content and put learning in the hands of the student. Teachers guide their students to discover, collaborate, and understand the world. Students will be active learners.
We believe that:
- The teachings of Jesus Christ are more than lessons to be learned; they are lessons to be lived.
- In a nurturing caring environment, a child will flourish intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
- Each child is a unique and valued individual and as such must be given every opportunity to develop his/her talents and gifts.
- Parents, as the primary teachers, must collaboratively support the school and the child on his/her spiritual and educational journey.
- The school is responsible to keep current with educational and technological advancements.
- Along with a basic foundation, today’s students need a rigorous and relevant curriculum.
- Our goal is to develop morally conscious, educated members of the community.